The Council for Thriving Children was formed on a simple premise: all families are afforded comprehensive and responsive supports, so they are healthy, learning, and thriving now and in the future. To that end, the Council for Thriving Children promotes policies and best practices that systematically support all New Hampshire children and families through nonpartisan cross-sector collaboration.
The Council for Thriving Children serves as New Hampshire’s State Advisory Council on Early Childhood Care and Education under the federal Improving Head Start for School Readiness Act of 2007, Public Law 110-134. Members of the Council are gubernatorial appointments.
Christopher T. Sununu
Governor State of New Hampshire
The Council is responsible for advising, making recommendations, and undertaking the following:
• Strengthen New Hampshire's early childhood infrastructure in all environments
• Build the capacity of families, professional and non-professional caregivers and educators
• Ensure an integrated and coordinated early childhood governance structure
• Enhance the interoperability of data systems within and across government agencies
• Promote parent knowledge and choice
• Ensure the sharing of best practice
• Expand access and equity, and improve transitions for children and their families